August 28, 2009

How To Make A Headband with Appliqué

Latest project - cute headband with beaded/rhinestone appliqué! Click pictures to enlarge.


Supplies:
Headband
Appliqué
Felt (optional)
Glue (I use stinky E6000, I bought a new tube with a pointy tip)



Step 1 - Gather supplies (of course, a cute bunny is helpful! ;-)


Step 2 - I cut a strip of felt 1/4" wide to line the inside of the headband. This isn't necessary, but I wanted a "finished" look and thought it might add some cushioning.


Step 3 - Cut a section of felt that's just a little bit smaller than the appliqué.



Step 4 - Glue the ribbon to the outside of the headband (I used velvet ribbon for this headband).

Step 5 - Glue the felt strip to the inside of the headband (I left an opening to reduce bulk).


Step 6 - Glue the appliqué onto the outside of the headband, positioning to desired location. I used bobby pins to help hold it in place while the glue dried.



Step 7 - Glue the felt section onto the back of the appliqué, sandwiching the headband in between the felt and the appliqué.



And you're done! Let dry! Have fun!

5 comments:

Charly said...

Hi Mary Ann!!! I wanted to thank you for the birdcage veil how to's. I live in Venezuela and will get married on Oct. 31st, I have been looking like crazy for one of this here in my country but I haven't been lucky, so I decided to make one myself and give it a try. Thank you girl!!!! I will send you a pic of the wedding in the future. BTW you looked like a doll in your wedding pictures. All the best.

m a said...

Thanks Charly! I'm glad the tutorial has been helpful to you. Good luck with the wedding!

Saltwater Dreams said...

This is the cutest idea! I love the way this looks and I really enjoy your entire blog! Keep the craftiness and creativity coming please!

Anonymous said...

Hope to see same more information in futere.

connie said...

hey, i wanna make headbands like that...my problem is finding appliques!!!! where do you get yours???